A strawberry smoothie recipe is the perfect pick me Strawberries are an excellent source of healthy nutrients. Apart from being low in calories and rich in vitamin C and potassium, they are high in fiber making them an excellent way to keep you full. Try this strawberry smoothie recipe to keep yourself going from breakfast until lunch. Don’t be surprised to see that all it takes is four ingredients.
How to Make a Healthy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients:
Yields: 4 servings
2 cups fresh strawberries (16-18 strawberries)
1 cup skim milk (low fat)
1 ½ cups vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup (8-10) ice cubes
- Place ice cubes into a blender or food processor and blend until crushed.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
Strawberry banana smoothie ideas:
If you love strawberries and bananas both, simply add 2 ripe, sliced bananas to the above recipe for a refreshing smoothie. Packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium, it is an extremely healthy drink. A strawberry banana smoothie is an ideal for on the go breakfast or a late afternoon snack.
Chocolate smoothie recipe for kids:
Who minds chocolate for breakfast? While the above smoothie recipe itself is a great way to get picky eaters eating fruit they might not otherwise, 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup added will get them on the breakfast table in no time.
Dos and don’ts of breakfast smoothies
With the right blend of ingredients, a breakfast smoothie can be a nutritional powerhouse, whereas, just a few misguided add-ins, can quickly transform it into a high calorie, sugar laden dessert. So, make sure you avoid these pitfalls:
- Don’t just throw everything into the blender; instead measure the ingredients to keep the nutrition stats in check.
- Never add sugar to your smoothies. If needed to sweeten, do so naturally. Try adding, dates, beets, or honey.
- Lastly, beware of overindulging. To keep the calories and sugar in check avoid second servings. Try adding ingredients such as oats or avocado to keep you feeling full long after the breakfast.
Apart from being healthy, this strawberry smoothie makes a wonderful treat for any occasion. So, which version are you trying this morning?